CLARENCE AND ETHEL SHAWSTAD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is being
given in honor of Clarence and Ethel Shawstad by members of their immediate family. It is their desire to commemorate their
parents’ memory by helping to advance the post-secondary education of a
graduating senior from
Application: The application guidelines and cover sheet is available in the High School Counselor’s Office as well as online at fertilebeltrami.k12.mn.us under the Education Foundation website.
Application Deadline: ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE COUNSELOR’S OFFCE BY 4 P.M. ON APRIL 1ST.
Selection: The Fertile-Beltrami Education Foundation Board of Directors will serve as the selection committee.
Criteria: The applicant must:
§ plan to further their education at any post-secondary institution
§ be deserving of this scholarship by demonstrating good character and having lofty goals
§ have a passing GPA
§ be accepted to attend any post-secondary accredited institution
Award: A $1000 scholarship will be presented each spring to qualifying graduating seniors. The award will be announced at the Honors Banquet in May and/or by a letter to the applicant. A check for the $1000 will be available in the F-B School office to be picked up by the recipient following completion of the first semester of the student's first year with proof of college attendance and passing grades.
Clarence and Ethel Shawstad Memorial Scholarship
Application Cover Sheet
Application for the Clarence and Ethel Shawstad Memorial Scholarship consists of the following parts. Please submit the following information:
1. Completed application cover sheet.
2. A copy of your high school transcript, signed by a school official.
3. A resume of your high school, community and church activities; include any offices held in the organizations you have belonged to while in high school. Please include activities that demonstrate your leadership skills, initiative, and level of responsibility. The resume can be more than 1 page.
4. Two separate letters of recommendations from an adult, who is not a relative, but knows you, perhaps has worked with you.
5. A statement of your educational and career goals.
6. The applicant must include a paper on one of the following subject:
· Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.
· Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Name:____________________________________________ Year of Graduation:__________
Post-secondary school you plan to attend:___________________________________________
Proposed course of study:_______________________________________________________
NOTE: I give permission to the Fertile-Beltrami Education Foundation to release my name for newspaper and other media announcements regarding this scholarship application.