FERTILE-BELTRAMI SANDHILL SNOWCRUISERS SCHOLARSHIP
Guidelines for Scholarship for students demonstrating active involvement in the Sandhill Snowcruisers and who have taken the MN Snowmobile Safety Course.
It is the desire of the Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers Club to make a contribution to furthering the education of area youth as well as foster interest in recreational snowmobiling by establishing this scholarship fund. The Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers Club believes in investing in our communities and in our area youth is important. The Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers Club contributes in various ways to the surrounding communities by promoting recreational snowmobiling, providing snowmobile safety training, enhancing and maintaining the local extensive snowmobile system and donating to various charities and organizations.
Below is additional information about the Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers Scholarship
Application: The application guidelines and cover sheet is available in the High School Counselor’s Office.
Application Deadline: ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE COUNSELORS OFFCE BY 4 P.M. ON APRIL 1ST.
Selection: The Fertile-Beltrami Education Foundation Board of Directors will serve as the selection committee. A representative from the Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers will also be involved in the selection committee.
Criteria: The applicant must:
§ plan to further their education at any post-secondary institution
§ demonstrate high character, leadership skills, motivation, initiative and respect for others
§ have a passing GPA
§ be accepted to attend any post-secondary accredited institution
§ have an
interest in recreational snowmobiling
Award: One $500 scholarship will be presented each spring indefinitely to qualifying graduating seniors. The award will be announced at the Honor’s Banquet in May and/or by a letter to the applicant. A check for the $500 will be available in the F-B School office to be picked up by the recipient following completion of the first semester of the student's first year with proof of college attendance and passing grades.
Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers Scholarship
Application Cover Sheet
Application for the Sandhill Snowcruisers Scholarship consists of the following parts. Please submit the following information:
1. Completed application cover sheet.
2. A copy of your high school transcript, signed by a school official.
3. A resume of your high school, community and church activities; include any offices held in the organizations you have belonged to while in high school. Please include activities that demonstrate your leadership skills, initiative, and level of responsibility. The resume can be more than 1 page.
4. Two separate letters of recommendations from an adult, who is not a relative, but knows you, perhaps has worked with you, or understands your personal interest in recreational snowmobiling.
5. A statement of your educational and career goals.
6. The applicant must include a paper on one of the following subject:
How has the Sandhill Snowcruisers Club benefited the Surrounding Communities?
Why do I enjoy snowmobiling?
How has snowmobiling been a part of my youth?
7. Applicant, applicant’s parent(s), or legal guardian(s) must be current members of the Fertile-Beltrami Sandhill Snowcruisers.
8. Applicant must have taken the Minnesota Snowmobile Safety Course.
Name:____________________________________________ Year of Graduation:__________
Post-secondary school you plan to attend:___________________________________________
Proposed course of study:_______________________________________________________
NOTE: I give permission to the Fertile-Beltrami Education Foundation and the Sandhill Snowcruisers to release my name for newspaper and other media announcements regarding this scholarship application.